Objectives of the Program
- The program will provide a curriculum that leads to certification
from New York State in the education of students in the visual
arts all grades.
- The program will provide a curriculum that includes professional
studies, pedagogy, foundations of education, theories of human
development and learning, and the special techniques appropriate
for the education of students in the visual arts.
- The program will provide training and practice in communication
that will enable graduates to work with students who have a variety
of communication preferences.
- The program will provide leadership opportunities and variety
of experiences in which students can observe and develop leadership
- The program will provide opportunities and resources for exploration
in the utilization of new technologies in art education.
- The program will provide opportunities for students to participate
in guided study, possible graduate assistantships, and classroom
- The program will provide students with exposure to a range of
educational and cultural settings afforded by Rochester Institute
of Technology and the greater Rochester community. Students
will be exposed to a variety of perspectives on the arts, art education
and alternative education experiences, through classroom experience,
participation in campus and community life, classroom observations,
and student teaching.
- The program will provide a field-based study throughout.
- The program will assist graduates in finding employment throughout
the United States.