Assignment4 0305-221 Introduction to Micro/Nanolithography
Follow “Standard for Complete answer” for submitting all homework assignments.
1. Using the material variables found in the EMCR221 notes and webpage, determine appropriate PAB (prebake), PEB, and PDB (hardbake) conditions for a DNQ/Novolac resist (choose either HPR504 or OiR620 resist).
Describe what you would expect to happen to this resist if PAB was at 140 degrees C.
2. a) How many standing waves exist in a 1132 nm resist film if exposed with i-line radiation? The refractive index of the resist is 1.74.
b) Compare this to results using g-line radiation. The refractive index of the same resist at this wavelength is 1.67.
c) Why are standing waves in photoresist a concern?
3. The dominant develop technique for processing photoresist materials for IC industry is a puddle process. Explain why.
4. Describe two methods for resist adhesion promotion other than the use of HMDS.
5. Find a published article (SPIE, IEEE, MRS,
and OSA) or
a) Give complete reference information on the article.
b) Describe the problem being solved.
c) Summarize the improvement and how it has been verified.