University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Iowa City, IA
(September 1991- June 1994)
- Performed a variety of ultrasound examinations which included:
- Neonatal Heads
- Vascular and Abdominal Doppler including Color Flow and Power Doppler
- Small Parts
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Transcranial Doppler
- Interventional/Invasive Procedures (transplantation, biopsies, needle aspirations)
- Organ Transplantation
- Peripheral Vascular Doppler
- Obtained a high level of understanding of equipment operation, cross-sectional anatomy, and pathophysiology.
- Advised and evaluated ultrasound students on academic and clinical issues.
- Helped upgrade the ultrasound examination protocols to ensure better patient care.
- Provided educational information to patients and/or families regarding ultrasound procedures.
- Trained new sonographers in operation of ultrasound instruments and quality control checks of the ultrasound systems.