Becoming a member of our SHPE chapter is not very difficult. But in order to understand it easier you must first know that SHPE is a national organization and we are but a small portion of it.
SHPE Nationally is divided into seven regions. SHPE @ RIT is currently under region 4. All chapters are connected through this large network but each chapter in the end works independently.
Here at RIT our SHPE chapter offers additional benefits apart from the national benefits. And for this we have chapter dues in order to fund these initiatives for our members. Without these dues you cannot take advantage of these benefits.
When you become a member you become a member at the national level. With this membership you take advantage of all of the benefits that SHPE offers. SHPE currently offers the following types of memberships.
- Student Membership
- Graduate Membership
- Professional Membership
- Career Opportunities
- Community Outreach
- Academic Counseling
- Membership certificate and pin
- Complimentary subscription to the SHPE Magazine
- Complimentary subscription to Hispanic Business Magazine
- Local Chapter Benefits – discounts at meetings
- Eligible for national awards
- Eligible to nominate recipients for national awards
- Receive registration discounts at our annual SHPE Conference.
- Leadership training and career and professional development
- Networking opportunities at conferences and seminars
- Information on employment and professional advancement
- Resume referral service and job posting service
- Resume available to all SHPE event corporate sponsors
- Access to Internships and Scholarships
- Opportunity to enter Technical competitions
- Registration discounts at regional events and conferences