BACK TO INDEX
Toilet Tissue Roll Holder
The toilet paper roll can be used as a storage for upto 4 rolls. It is a free standing design.
Match between system and the real world/Recognition rather than recall:
- No user could recognise this as a toilet tissue holder unless and until they were told about it or found it at the Bath accessories section in a shopping mall or see it in toilet with rolls on it.
Flexibility and efficiency of use:
- It is nice to have 4 rolls at a time on the toilet tissue holder as one need not refill the stand till all the 4 rolls are over
- However the fact is, no user likes to bend to pick up the paper when there is only one roll left on the stand
- As the holder is free standing, a person may trip over it if not seen on the way in a congested bathroom
- It is easier to pull a paper from the holders which have a rolling cord over which the roll rests than a vertical holder
Users Conceptual Model:
- After interviewing 8 graduate students and 2 elderly people (Age group 50 – 60), no user could guess the function of this object correctly
- If the paper is pulled carelessly, there chances of the paper holder falling on the ground as there is no support to keep the stand upright in case of a little more force to pull the paper.