- Founder & President (2009 - current) of Gentle Dove Farm Obstacle and Sensory Training Mounted Police Style.
Present equestrian training at host farms across the NE United States. Experience includes: Multiple time Grand Champion North American Police
Equestrian Championships and consecutive four year Gold Medal winner of the NYS Police Equestrian Games.
Featured in the French TV station Equidia NYPD mounted unit documentary demonstrating the training and relationship
with the horse as part of a series on mounted police around the world.
- Implemented Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Applications: iProcurement/Purchasing, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Order Entry, and Inventory.
Defined requirements, established project plan details, performed requirements mapping & gap analysis, developed testing strategy and scripts,
provided functional testing, and developed training for successful implementations. Led and managed resources. Enabled electronic spend & data
capture, reduced transaction costs by 80%, and decreased transaction time from 2 weeks to 3 days; saving $1billion by moving to a fully electronic
process. Successful implementation was on time, error free and with no business interruption. Increased user productivity 200%, eliminated reports
and streamlined Allocation process.
- Achieved Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 Compliance for both IT General and Application/Data Controls for Xerox NAF$ IM operations:
Led NAF$ Financial Services Compliance. Assessed and resolved 153 IT General control gaps within a 4-month timeframe and ahead of
schedule. For financial Applications and Data Controls, performed assessments, validation, remediation, & testing for 12 applications
while achieving full SOX 404 compliance.
- Established the Information Resource Management (IRM) function within the telecommunications industry while working as Database
Administrator and Data Modeler.
- Founder & President (1992/93) of the Data Administration Management Association
(DAMA) Rochester Chapter, including 40 companies
in Western NY area and with over 100 members.
GENTLE DOVE FARM – Bloomfield, NY Feb 2009 – current
- Owner and President:
- Founded Gentle Dove Farm Obstacle Training Mounted Police Style. Provide educational training in horsemanship using police horse training
techniques and methods to encourage partnership and communication to achieve exceptional trust. Services include clinics, demonstrations,
competitions, workshops, lectures, lessons, and other events scheduled in the North East U.S for the general equestrian public. Manage marketing,
advertising, branding, communications, financials, endorsements, website development and maintenance, and other business administrative aspects.
See Other Info for additional mounted
unit background and experience.
WHITENACK CONSULTING: Apr 1994 – Jun 2009
- Qualitrol Corp. Fairport, NY Dec 2008 – Jun 2009
- Oracle - Implementation Specialist: Staged implementation foundation for Oracle Order Management and Inventory applications. Developed setups, performed associated integration testing
and documented deployment strategy.
Xerox Corp. Rochester, NY Apr 1994 – Nov 2008:
- North American Financial Services IM (NAF$ IM) May 2007 – Nov 2008
- ERP Architect: Analysis, design, test, deployment planning, and coordination work supporting the NA Financials
ERP initiative implementing of General Ledger and Fixed Assets for North America. Performed requirements analysis and reported associated
integration testing and deployment for interfacing systems.
- North American Financial Services IM Jan 2006 – Mar 2007
- IT Consultant: Supported NAF$ strategy toward an Integrated Accounts Payable process in Oracle (11.5.9) ERP that includes invoice processing and the associated
financials. Led all 12 inbound and 32 outbound subsystem interfaces.
- North American Financial Services IM - for Sarbanes-Oxley Jan 2004 – Dec 2005
- Sarbanes-Oxley Consultant: Directed Sarbanes-Oxley 404 audit for NAF/Financial Services on IT Control requirements for both operations and applications. Computer operations
were 100% certified and all 17 applications were certified Sarbanes-Oxley 2004 & 2005 compliant. Managed, coordinated, and reported on requirements
for Sarbanes-Oxley 404. Inspected for compliance on IT general and application controls, assessed risk, and wrote compensating controls recommendations.
Responsible for operational test and IT control validations. Assisted Internal Control Office in planning testing criteria. Led in testing, validating
and reporting the IT controls around financial applications. Consulted in detail with AP processing. For Application and Data Controls, audited change
management, security, access control, backup, and additional key controls. Worked with financial systems and management providing consultation and audit
services by focusing on 124 significant risks, SOX compliance, and mitigating controls to encompass the needs of the business. Identified risks and
impact of controls and recommended corrective actions to senior management.
- Global Purchasing/ e-Business Re-engineering Jul 2000 – Dec 2003
- e-Business - Lead Architect in ERP Systems: Promoted and supported operational productivity and data integrity through effective use and implementation
of Oracle Applications. Performed Oracle 11i upgrade for the Purchasing applications and implemented Oracle Accounts Payable module. Assisted in Business
Process Re-engineering, design, documentation, development, testing, and training. Delivered over 70 B2B e-commerce solutions for Xerox/Global Purchasing
by managing and coordinating with Information Management, suppliers, finance groups, and end-users in analysis and resolution of issues.
Delivered e-Purchase to Pay solutions using e-business tools and strategies. Analyzed requirements, performed gap analysis & integrated testing, trained
users, and implemented ERP solutions using Oracle.
Key deliverables included:
- Process Maps
- E-Catalogs, Extranets, Contract Purchase Agreements, Exchanges and Content Management functionality
- Oracle upgrade implementations
- Order Fulfillment Development (OFD)– Distribution, Inventory and Sales Order Fulfillment Dec 1998 - Jul 2000
- Sr. Functional Analyst: Defined system requirements for a custom automated order reservation/site ready function.
Analyzed requirements, performed gap analysis, completed Oracle and Factory Planner (i2) setups, developed and tested scenarios
for custom Xerox solution, led Functional Integrated Testing, and trained users. Worked with Oracle Support to resolve TARs.
- Created and delivered the supporting Capability Maturity Modeling (CMM) documentation on an aggressive schedule for
Time To Market (TTM)reviews. Obtained TTM award for successful OFD implementation.
- Provided an upgrade to Oracle Applications Release 11.03, database version 8.05 with Graphical User Interface accessible via the Web.
- Oracle upgrade implementations
- Global Direct Buy – Inventory and Purchasing Order Fulfillment Oct 1995 - Dec 1998
- Functional Analyst: Provided Parts Distribution baseline analysis, understanding current systems and interfaces, acquired knowledge of
distribution systems and supply chains, developed project sub-plans, educated users on Oracle applications and supported a global customer base.
- Project scope change included developing direct buy system functionality using the Oracle Purchasing module.
- As Multi-National Interface Lead gathered requirements, developed Multi-Org Oracle setups, wrote testing scripts, performed integrated
testing and achieved Xerox European implementation.
- Tested Productivity Enablers (PEs) for Oracle Manufacturing Application Functions (OMAF)
- Asset Free Canada Jun 1994 - Oct 1995
- Business Analyst: Accountable as the Project Lead for multiple teams and activities, including Transportation, Emergency Orders, Xerox Engineering Systems, Repair Part Credit, and New Product Launch.
- Gathered, analyzed, verified and documented requirements.
- Coordinated input and developed consensus to deliver finalized models of various work flow processes. This included extensive interviewing
at all management levels, detailed documentation and a continuous validation and feedback process.
- Researched viable alternatives and presented recommended project direction to upper management.
- Developed, refined and integrated the project work plans.
- Researched and developed the Logical Data Model for Parts Replenishment.
- Equipment Order Management Re-engineering Apr 1994 - Jun 1994
- Data Modeler: Interviewed business groups, analyzed data, independently developed and designed the Order Management Logical Data Models, both for the
current and future states. In addition, the models supported the corporate standardization, including alignment and reconciliation of both the USCO and
Strategic Global Management information models.
ROCHESTER TELEPHONE - Rochester, NY May 1986 – Apr 1994
- Phoenix Project 1993 - 1994
- Project Manager Administrator: Provided project management of the Billing and Customer Record System. Responsible for developing and managing
the project timeline in MS Project and monitored project performance to the plan.
- Information Resource Management 1989 - 1993
- Senior Systems Specialist - IRM: Established the Information Resource Management (IRM) function within the corporation to enable management of
corporate information as a strategic asset. Project experience included:
- Data modeled in a Client/Server environment for call accounting/billing, work-order/trouble-ticket management, cable/facilities management,
and inventory control & asset management.
- Developed the corporate data model using object-oriented technology
- Created IRM standards and procedures