Welcome to the People site. This site will serve as a guide for uploading content to people.rit.edu.
Uploading Your Site
- If you require more than the default 1G storage space, fill out the ITS account modification form
- Turn this form into the help desk. They are located in the Frank E. Gannett Building (7B), room 1113, or fax it to 475-7884.
- For security purposes, all files are given 700 file permissions by default when uploaded to the server. To change the default permissions that uploaded files are given see the file permissions guide.
- Scripts should be 700 (Read, Write, Execute for User Only)
- All other files and directories should be changed to 755 (Read, Write, Execute for User; Read and Execute for Group and World)
- Check all links on your site to make sure they go to the right page.
- The file /home/
/php_data/php.log will automatically be generated if there are any PHP errors generated by the code on your site. You can open this file in a text editor to see what errors occurred and where.