Refereed Journal Articles
13. K.L. Maki and D.S. Ross.
Exchange of tears under a contact lens is driven by distortions of the contact lens.
Integrative and Comparative Biology (2014).
12. K.L. Maki and D.S. Ross.
A new model for the suction pressure under a contact lens.
Journal of Biological Systems 22 (2014), 235-248.
11. L. Li, R.J. Braun, K.L. Maki, W.D. Henshaw and P.E. King-Smith.
Tear Film Dynamics with Evaporation, Wetting and Time-Dependent Flux Boundary Condition on an Eye-Shaped Domain.
Physics of Fluids 26 (2014), 052101.
10. J. Huang, E. Clarkson, M. Kupinski, K. Lee, K.L. Maki, D.S. Ross, J.V. Aquavella and J.P. Rolland.
Maximum-likelihood estimation in optical coherence tomography in the context of the tear film dynamics.
Biomedical Optics Express 4 (2013), 1806-1816.
9. J. Huang, K. Lee, E. Clarkson, M. Kupinski, K.L. Maki, D.S. Ross, J.V. Aquavella and J.P. Rolland.
Phantom study of tear film dynamics with optical coherence tomography and maximum-likelihood estimation.
Optics Letters 38 (2013), 1721-1723.
8. K.L. Maki and Y. Renardy. The dynamics of a viscoelastic liquid which displays thixotropic yield stress behavior.
Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics 181 (2012), 30-50.
7. K.L. Maki and S. Kumar. Fast evaporation of spreading droplets of colloidal suspensions. Langmuir 27 (2011), 11347-11363.
6. K.L. Maki and Y. Renardy. The dynamics of a simple model for a unified treatment of thixotropic yield stress
fluids. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics 165 (2010), 1373-1385.
5. K.L. Maki, R.J. Braun, P. Ucciferro*, W.D. Henshaw and P.E. King-Smith. Tear film dynamics on an eye-shaped domain II: Flux boundary conditions.
Journal of Fluid Mechanics 647 (2010), 361-390.
4. K.L. Maki, R.J. Braun, W.D. Henshaw and P.E. King-Smith.
Tear film dynamics on an eye-shaped domain I: Pressure boundary conditions. Mathematical Medicine and Biology 27 (2010), 227-254.
3. K.L. Maki, R.J. Braun, T.A. Driscoll and P.E. King-Smith. An overset grid method for the study
of reflex tearing. Mathematical Medicine and Biology 25 (2008), 187-214.
2. A. Heryudono, R.J. Braun, T.A. Driscoll, L.P. Cook, K.L. Maki and P.E. King-Smith. Single-equation
models for the tear film in a blink cycle: Realistic lid motion. Mathematical Medicine and Biology 24 (2007), 347-377.
1. T.A. Driscoll and K.L. Maki. Searching for rare growth factors using multicanonical
Monte Carlo methods. SIAM Review 49 (2007), 673-692.
M. Gregory. Reshaping Optics through Innovative Mathematics. November 28, 2012, RIT University News.
C. Moskowitz. The Physics of Teardrops. November 20, 2008, LiveScience.
K.L. Maki. Computational Solutions of Linear Systems and Models of the Human Tear Film. Ph.D. Thesis. Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Delaware (2009).