These pages were conceived, designed and implemented by Dr. P.Venkataraman, Rochester Institute of Technology. The author has attempted to capture the essence of classroom teaching and learning
These pages are based on the following premise:
- A Consistent approach to problem solving is essential to learning
- Consistent approach based on Incremental Thinking requires significantly less effort than free form learning
- A figure is very important way to develop Imagination and a connection to the physics of the problem
- Right Numerical Values is as important as right procedure
- Ability to work with the two Units System is still essential
To The Student
These pages are meant to help you develop a consistent manner of problem solving.
It will only happen if You will take the responsibility for patient practice through private effort.
To The Instructor
These pages are meant to assist the students to apply the concepts in a consistent manner. They are based on the recommendations of all text book authors. These problems may not be useful for quizes, home works or tests.
These pages are tested only with IE 6 and Mozilla/Netscape. With IE it works but generates a script error. To avoid inconvenience please disable script error debugging (this is part of standard installation) in IE. To do it go to
Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Browsing --> Check Disable Script Debugging and Uncheck Notify about Every Script Error