Program Dates: June 6 - July 29, 2016All participants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents and must be undergraduates in the fall of 2016. Women and students from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Click for this year's flyer. PDF
● A stipend of $4200 plus free apartment style housing
● Work closely with faculty on cutting-edge research projects
● Participate in an "Ethics in Science" workshop
● Particiate in a Research Seminar Series.
● The opportunity to present your work at the 2017 Joint Mathematics Meetings in Atlanta, GA.
Deadline for full consideration: March 1, 2016.
How to apply:
Please provide the following information:
- Application form (Word)
- an unofficial copy of your transcript(s)
- a written statement (1 page) describing why you want to attend our REU and why you were drawn to mathematics
- two letters of recommendation from professors
The above materials should be sent preferably by email to dansma (at) rit.edu
Application materials can be sent by mail to:
2016 NSF-REU Program in Mathematics
School of Mathematical Sciences
85 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, NY 14623-5604