Program Dates: June 5 - July 28, 2017All participants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents and must be undergraduates (not have received a bachelor's degree) in the fall of 2017. Women and students from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Click for this year's flyer. PDF
● A stipend of $4100 plus free apartment style housing and meal plan.
● Work closely with faculty on cutting-edge research projects
● Participate in an "Ethics in Science" workshop
● The opportunity to present your work at the 2018 Joint Mathematics Meetings in San Diego, CA
Deadline for full consideration: March 1, 2017.
How to apply:
Please provide the following information:
A complete application includes:
1. Completed application form:
2. Academic transcript (unofficial is okay)
3. A brief personal statement (at most one page) describing your background in mathematics and why you want to attend the RIT REU. Please include any past research experience you have had either at your own institution or other program.
4. Arrange for two professors to send letters of recommendation directly to Professor Darren Narayan at email@example.com.
Eligibility. Participants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents, and must be an undergraduate (not having received a bachelorís degree) in Fall 2017.
The above materials should be sent preferably by email to dansma (at) rit.edu
Application materials can be sent by mail to:
Professor Darren Narayan
2017 NSF-REU Program in Mathematics
School of Mathematical Sciences
85 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, NY 14623-5604